Thursday, February 14, 2008

Plumbing problem's and monkey girl


The beginning of this week was not a good one. During these frustrating times I am glad to have a house full of furry love to help me cope (or at times contribute to my frustration). After Ruben left on Monday a water pipe in our backyard decided to pop open. First we need to turn the water to the house off so we don't become wasteful. I had to get back to work and figured by the time I got home the pseudo lake in the backyard would be dry and the pipes would be drained so I could cement them back together. Wrong. The water was still there. When I decided that water is important to have around, I went to the store and bought a turkey baster and sucked up all the water around the pipe and inside so I could get it cemented. Kodos, Maggie, and Mindy were kind enough to assist me during suctioning and drying.
After cementing the pipe things were starting to look up. Since Ruben is gone for a while my friend Sonia has volunteered to help me walk my posse of dogs. Not only has she volunteered her time, but she was nice enough to ask some of her friends to help out. Tuesday night Sonia, Alicia and I walked the dogs, except for Barney who needs to rest for another week before we can take him out.
The kids LOVE their auntie Sonia (as do I), so they were excited. I walked Kodos and Hoju, Sonia walked Maggie, and Mindy walked Alicia. Sorry, but the girls are not the best walkers yet and Sonia and Alicia didn't seem to mind. How cool are they. Thanks so much for your help...you guys were awesome and the pups love you to for the help.

On Tuesday I experienced my first heart attack. I got out of the shower and had Hoju rush into the bathroom barking like a crazy dog. I get clothes on and run outside...no Maggie to be found. My heart fell. I ran outside the front yelling her name like a mad woman. Here she comes running back to me with 2 other stray dogs. My neighbor was nice enough to help me get the 2 other dogs in the back of the truck so I could take them to the humane society. I put Maggie back into the house and what does the trouble maker do...she climbs up the chain-linked fence and gets back over. In case you don't know, Maggie is now a monkey. On the bright side, I figured out how she got out and she is currently on lock down. If I'm in the shower she is in the bathroom with me. This weekend Ruben and my dad will be coming over and we will be putting up the rest of the metal sheeting fence so monkey girl can't get out.

This is the face of a dog who is not happy with me since we did not get to go out for a night walk on Tuesday night. So sorry Kodos...mama loves you...she's was just too stressed that day.

No comments: