Monday, January 14, 2008

Christmas Break

I know this is a bit late, but I just started this blog so I figured why not start with Christmas break. Both Ruben and I have family in So. Cali (L.A.), so since we moved to Tucson we have gone back fro the holiday break to see our family. This year we decided to stay for numerous reasons I won't get into. My mom, sister, and niece came by to visit us which was great. The kids LOVE grandma and she loves them. We adopted Maggie in November, so none of the family had met her. My mom and niece fell in love with her. While my mom and niece were here Maggie would climb into bed with them in the morning and sleep...she loved it! We did a lot of the touristy stuff which was a nice change from the usual 24-7 work schedule that Ruben and I have been doing.

The botanical gardens had butterflies on display. Here are pictures of a few

Gorgeous swallowtail...

What a beauty this one is!!

My mom (a.k.a. Grandma) putting Maggie to sleep.

All in all it was a great holiday break. Ruben and I got some rest and were feed great food. Mom also helped with painting the bathroom. Now I just need to find the right shower curtain to go with the new color.

No comments: